“…this isn’t the end of our adventures.”
It’s difficult to confront all of it but there are times when you’re forced to. You can’t just roll with the punches but you gotta rock with them too. Not everything boils down to Efficiency, however, disregarding efficiency tends to make things more efficient. The world is funny like that.
Last night I opened the pages of my high school yearbook instead of getting my much needed rest in preparation for my early morning college classes. I cried. There wasn’t any sobbing, but I couldn’t stop the tears that seemed to eagerly escape. Even through my laughter from reminders of sweet but mostly stupid memories, the tears leapt. Maybe there was an underlying feeling of sadness even in the happiest of my recollection, maybe it was all just catharsis. I don’t know which I should want to choose to believe. Life is funny like that.
All that I faced, all that I left unsaid, and I made it to my classes okay. Perhaps not as good as I could have been, but I was okay. When you’re in the face of gentle absurdity, it’s best to laugh, or at least giggle. So much about myself and the world that I just can’t begin to know yet, but I’m okay. The pieces aren’t always coming together but I’m okay. And I think that is enough for now.
Comments
Post a Comment