Keeping Things Cordial

 I took my friend’s dog out for a walk. I smiled and nodded at every stranger I came across. I placed my mug on a coaster. I remembered not to forget to work out. I took a compliment gracefully. I tried to look natural in a group photo. I went out in public. I apologized for being loud in public. I forced myself out of bed. I laughed politely at an unfunny joke. I kept the card you gave to me. I broke the uncomfortable silence. I told her we could stay friends. I told myself not to stay home. I gave the barista a fake name. I remembered the name of the song that was stuck in my head. That made me smile. And I never forgot how boring each day of my life was. I had to stop existing. Started to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog